It does what it says on the tin. The new Youth Preserve treatment is flying off the shelves in aesthetic clinics, because of its prowess to restore bounce and radiance to your skin. We speak to Dr Chia Hui Ling, renown female plastic surgeon from SW1 Clinic at Paragon, to explain the technology behind Youth Preserve and if this treatment truly delivers what it promises.
We have all heard about hyaluronic acid, or HA, a skin-plumping ingredient used in many dermal fillers. Youth Preserve at SW1 Clinic uses Profhilo, which contains one of the highest concentration HA, giving the skin a surge of hydration. “What makes it truly unique is its ability to remodel skin,” explains Dr Chia. This means that it is able to stimulate the skin to produce more collagen and improves the skin structure naturally over time!
Here are 10 things you need to know about Youth Preserve’s Profhilo:
- It is designed for individuals with aging skin that is lacking volume and elasticity.
- Profhilo® is in a stabilized form and HA is released slowly – this stimulates collagen formation, our natural skin plumper.
- Youth Preserve is strategically placed at five key points on the face on each side, not repetitive pokes like other skin boosters.
- Very effective at treating those areas prone to laxity and sagging like the cheeks, neck, chest and décolletage.
- It takes a few days before you start to notice any visible improvement, mainly because unlike dermal fillers, the body takes a while to produce the skin-boosting ingredients itself.
- The radiance boost is one you will have not experienced from any number of creams, scrubs or serums and it keeps on getting better as the skin produces more and more collagen.
- A top-up appointment after one month is recommended. If you repeat the process twice a year you will reap an lasting glow. The results from Youth Preserve treatments will most often last for up to six months, but results can differ from person to person.
- Profhilo® acts as a hydrator rather than a filler, and is therefore fantastic for those with tired, dull and aging skin as it provides an overall more plump and luminous skin with improved texture.
- Youth Preserve is advised for individuals from around the age of 30 and upwards, who wish to target aging skin. This is an excellent choice for you if you don’t want to add volume to specific areas, as it instead provides volume and hydration across the skin, giving an overall rejuvenated appearance.
- If you’re looking for very subtle results, this treatment delivers. However, if you’re looking for a lifting of the face, neck or any other area, then a combination approach with fat grafting, thread lift or surgery could be recommended.